Monday, October 26, 2009

EA

EA is still laying people off. They don't do huge events like resigning 200 employees or closing huge studios. They are just laying off small groups of people. One of my friends Yulay has been resigned recently.

What is wrong with the company? It looks like Titanic now. Huge, leaking and out of control. The stocks continue to go down. I think they are doing worse then the other companies in the industry.

Well, may be I'm wrong. I don't exactly know how other companies are doing :)

My own impression is - this is all about management. EA has too many managers. And the situation is getting worse because they resign artists and software engineers. It doesn't look like they are resigning managers. Again, may be I'm wrong. I don't see the whole picture. This is just how it looks from my point of view.

Once when I was working there, I was looking to the intranet to find who are the managers of my manager. I was really surprised by the number of managers above my manager. There were the chain of 10. John Riccitiello was a manager of a manager of a manager of a manager.. oh I'm getting tired saying it 10 times .. of my manager.

Reflecting to the Soviet army.. Why Soviet army? Because I don't know much about other armies. Considering I'm a soldier. My nearest boss is a sergeant. Then a master-sergeant, then a lieutenant or a captain, then a major or a colonel, then a major-general or a lieutenant-general, then a colonel general, then a marshal, then the commander-in-chief. Eight levels.

Do you know how big was the Soviet Army? About 10 million. And it had less management levels than EA. What are all these people doing?

Well, I promised not to discuss EA here. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment